ITILIMA DISTRICT COUNCIL
FORM FOUR MOCK EXAMINATION
Time : 3 Hours Wednesday, 15th July 2020 p.m
- This paper consists of Sections A, B and C with a total of nine (9) questions.
- Answer all Questions in section A and B and three (3) Questions from Section C.
- Cellular phones and any unauthorized materials are not allowed in the examination room
- All drawings Should be in Pencil.
- Write your Examination number on every page of your answer sheet.
SECTION A (20 Marks)
Answer all the questions in this section
- For each of the following items (i) – (xv) choose the correct answer from among the given alternatives and
write its letter beside the item number in the answer sheet provided;
- Who among the following was the first systematic tool maker and had a bigger brain than that of Zinjathropus?
A Homo Habilis B Homo Sapiens
C Homo Erectus C Black Smith
- The United Nations Specialized agency responsible for human Settlement is the; –
A UNIHCR B UNEP
C UNDP D HABITAT
- What took place in Europe between 1750’s and 1850’s; –
A Industrial Revolution B Mercantile Capitalism
C Monopoly Capitalism C Scramble for Africa
- Which of the following Sectors of colonial economy favored Europeans and Asians in Africa during
colonial Period; –
A Education, Health, water, housing and roads
B Agriculture, Mining, Financial institutions, Transport and commerce.
C Agriculture, Electricity, Health and Banks
D Harbors, Banks, Industry and Trade.
- The Theory of Evolution was proposed by
A Lois Leakey B Car Peters
C Charles Darwin D Donald Cameroon
- What are the major types of oral Tradition
A Museum and Achieves B Poems and Proverbs
C Historical sites and narration of events D Cultural Practices and narration of events.
- The International organization undermined by Hitler was called; –
A United Nation organization B Non – Aligned Movement
C International Court of Justice. D League of Nations
- The Social Challenges facing people in Africa Include; –
A Political Instability and tribalism B Colonialism and illiteracy
C Illiteracy and diseases D Corruption and rule of law
- The Helgoland Island was Added to German during the; –
A 1886 Anglo- German Agreement B 1890 Anglo- German Agreement
C 1822 Moresby treat D The Camp of David accords
- The Current President of the United Republic of Tanzania is called; –
A Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete B John Pombe Joseph Magufuli
C Julius Kambarage Nyerere D Benjamin Wilium Mkapa
- The following are the methods of fixing dates except; –
A Events B Chemical dating C Geological period D Time graph
- The Process whereby man started to walk by using two limbs is; –
A Neolithic B Neo – Colonialism C Bi- pedalism D Biodiversity
- The Acheulian tools were made and used by; –
A Homo Erectus B Homo Sapiens C Homo Habilis D Zinjathropus
- The groups which were formed by Africans who were formed by Africans, who were working in different sectors of colonial economy were; –
A Independent churches B Social and Welfare association
C Political parties D National Movements.
- The Economic Integration that was formed in Western parties of Africa to solve the economic challenges is; –
A ECOWAS B SADEC C COMESA D COMMON WEALTH
- Match the descriptions in List A with the Corresponding Items in List B by Writing the letter of the correct
response beside the item number in the answer sheet provided.
|List A||List B|
|A Jan Van Riebeek Established a Dutch post at the Cape.
B Barthlomew Diaz passes the Cape of Good Hope.
C Rusian Political Revolution
D Christopher Columbus discovers the Sea route to America.
E French Political Revolution .
SECTION B (35 Marks)
Answer all the questions in this section
- Answer the following Questions briefly:
- Why Pre Colonial education was important among Africans.
- Explain how Africans were assimilated Under French Administration in Africa.
- How Historical Sites are beneficiaries to new generation of Tanzania.
- Demonstrate the cycle of the Great Economic crisis of 1929 – 1933.
- Identify four (4) roles of Agents of industrial Capitalism
- Arrange the following Historical events in chronological order by writing number 1 to 5 beside the
item numbers in the answer sheet provided; –
- The Imperialistic Nations There after realized that the Crisis was due to lack of international organization to settle disputes hence league of Nations was formed.
- World war one affected the world badly in all spheres of life, Socially, economically and Politically.
- The Development of European economy from industrial capitalism to Monopoly created the chance of European expansionism.
- The increase of Rivalry accelerated to the occurrence of the first word war of 1910’s.
- The Process of extending Border within and outside Europe led to rivalry among European Nations
- Draw a sketch Map of Africa and locate by using Capital letters.
A The Suez Canal Which British and French competed for in North Africa.
B The Country Which Kipande System was used during the Colonial economy.
C The Place where Slave marked the end in 1873
D The country which did not allow colonialist to rule them and became the head of OAU.
E The Headquarter of Tanzania.
SECTION C. (45 MARKS)
Answer Three Questions from this Section
- Explain Why some areas in Africa Experienced Intensive Competition during colonial Period
- Elaborate the internal factors for the rise of mass nationalism in Africa by 1950’s
- Discus the Factors that led to changes in economic development policies soon after independence.
- Elaborate six factors that contributed to the occurrence of Mfecane war during the 19th Century.