ST. MARYS’ KITENDE
Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education
(UGANDA AND FIELDWORK)
- Answer four questions in all, one from section A and three questions from section B.
- Credit will be given for the use of relevant sketch maps, diagrams and local examples studied in the field.
- Any additional question(s) attempted will not be marked.
1. For any fieldwork study you have carried out ;
a) i) State the topic of study. (2marks)
ii) Outline the objectives of the study. (5marks)
b) Describe the prefield steps you followed in preparation for the study. (7marks)
c) Outline the challenges you faced in preparation for the study. (6marks)
d) How did you conclude the study? (5marks)
2. For any fieldwork you have carried out on a trading center
a) i) State the topic. (2marks)
ii) Outline the objectives (5marks)
b) Illustrate how the following methods helped you to collect data.
i) Sketching ii) Measuring iii) Sampling (6marks)
c) What challenges did you face (6marks)
d) Explain the skills you gained from the study. (6marks)
3. To what extent is the current population growth trend a result of human factors? (25marks)
4. “Its limited capital affecting modernization of the agricultural sector.” Discuss. (25marks)
5. Assess the impact of wetland conservation in Uganda. (25marks)
6. Explain the factors favouring development of the energy sector in Uganda. (25marks)
7. a) Explain the state of urbanization in Uganda. (10marks)
b) Outline the challenges of urbanization in Uganda. (15marks)
8. The table below shows Tourist arrival in Uganda from different countries of Africa.
No. of Tourist in Millions
- Draw a pie graph to illustrate the information in the table. (7marks)
- Assess the implications of increased tourist arrivals in Uganda on the environment. (18marks)