CHEMISTRY TOPIC PAPER
HYDROGEN [ PART ONE ]
TIME ALLOWED ; 30 Minutes ONLY.
INSTRUCTIONS ; ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS.
1. The best way of testing hydrogen is that .
(a) it supports combustion
(b) it is a colourless and odourless
(c) it gives a smell of a rotten egg
(d) it form a pop sound when burnt
2. When dilute hydrochloric acid reacts with zinc metal the product is .
(a) hydrogen chloride gas
(b) hydrogen gas
(c) chloride gas
(d) hydrogen peroxide
3. Hydrogen can be manufactured in industry through .
(a) Harber process
(b) Contact process
(c) Bosch process
(d) Reduction process
4. The reason why hydrogen is collected by upward delivery is that .
(a) it is soluble in water
(b) it is insoluble in water
(c) it is denser than water
(d) it is less denser in water
5. Hydrogen reacts with sulfur to yeald .
(a) hydrogen sulfide
(b) hydrogen sulfate
(c) sulfur dioxide
(d) sulfur trioxide
6. List any three physical properties and any three chemical properties of hydrogen.
7. Mention three properties of hydrogen which make it different from oxygen.
8. List these items with regard to laboratory preparation of hydrogen:
(a) Apparatus used. (b) Chemicals used.
BY BROTHER JUMA SOSPETER
3 April 2021