KING’S COLLEGE – BUDDO
UGANDA ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF EDUCATION
INTERNAL MOCK EXAMINATIONS 2020
TIME: 3 HOURS
- Answer four (4) questions in all.
- QUESTION ONE in section A is compulsory
- The other three questions must be chosen from section B.
- Credit will be given to candidate for relevant maps and diagrams.
- The table below shows the population of selected provinces of China as well as percentage by gender in 1998.
PERCENTAGE BY GENDER
Source : World Bank 2001, vol. 3: p480
- Using the table above and the map of China provided, draw proportional divided circles to illustrate China’s provincial population by gender. (12 marks)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the method used in (a) above? (05 marks)
- Describe the characteristics of China’s population. (04 marks)
- Account for the large population in China. (04 marks)
- Assess the role of the forestry industry to the economic development of either Sweden or Swaziland.
- To what extent have ocean currents contributed to the development of the fishing industry in any one country in either the North West Pacific or South East Atlantic fishing grounds?
- Examine the challenges facing the mining sector in either Zambia or Nigeria.
- Examine the effects of the industrial sector on the environment in either France or Egypt.
- Assess the role of either the Tennessee valley Authority (T.V.A) or any one multi-purpose scheme to the country of its location.
- Account for the development of either New York port or the Witwatersrand conurbation of the Republic of South Africa.
- Evaluate the significance of either the St. Lawrence seaway or railway transport in the United States of America.(U.S.A)